Creating and Customizing a Post
Learn how to create and customize a Post using Creativo
Creating a Post is one of the easiest operation in WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress admin dashboard -> Posts -> Add New
- Enter a Title for your post
- Add some content in the Content area
- From the Right Sidebar of the editing page -> choose or create a category for your post to be part of
- Enter some descriptive tags
- Set a Featured Image – this is very important, you need to set at least one Featured Image that will be used as the thumbnail of your post. Setting more than one Featured Image will create a nice slideshow on your post page. If you want to have more than 5 Featured Images, you will have to go to Creativo Options -> General Settings -> Featured Images and increase the number of images.
Preview and Publish your post.
If you are using the Blogger template, your newly created posts will be automatically added to the Front Page of your site.
Under the Creativo Options -> Blog -> you can choose to show or hide the Featured Images set for your blog post at the top of the post, or you can leave that option on and use the individual customization options for your blog post to change the design of your post.
When creating/editing a post, you can use of the Advanced Customization -> Post Options to change the appearance of your current post:
- Skip first Featured Image – you can choose to not show the first Fetured Image set – this option is useful if the featured image you set has a lower resolution.
- Featured Image Size – choose the actual size of the Featured Images. Use full if you want your image to display completely, without having a crop effect applied
- Show Featured Images and Videos – if you disable this option, the Featured Images and Videos set for your post will not appear on top anymore
- Enable Sidebar – you can disable the sidebar if you want your post to become full width
- Sidebar Position – select the position of your actual sidebar
- Post Title Font Size, Post Title Line Height, Post Title Font Weight allows you to change the appearance of the Post Title. To change the color of your Post Title you must go to Creativo Options -> Blog -> Sing Post Title Color and set the color you want for your post. In the upcoming updates individual color styling will be added for Post Titles.
- Post Title and Meta Align – use this option to select the alignment of the Post Title and Meta elements (date, categories, author and comments count). Leave Default to inherit the option set under Creativo Options -> Blog -> Post Title and Meta Align
- Post Title and Meta Positioning – use this option to select the Post Title and Meta elements (date, categories, author and comments count) positioning. You can position the Title and Metas above or below the Featured Image. Leave Default to inherit the setting set under Creativo Options -> Blog -> Post Title and Meta Positioning
- Post Content Columns – with this option you can force the Post Content to use a Column Layout – your content will be split into equal columns depending on the selection above.
Modern Post Styling
The following set of options will only affect the post if your Single Post design is set to Modern.
You can change the Single Post Design by going to Creativo Options -> Blog -> Single Post Page Options -> Single Post Design
Available Options are:
- Post Title Fullscreen Height – this option allows you to enable the Fullscreen Height for your post. This will make the entire Post Title area expand to the height of the browser window. You can see an example of a post with the Fullscreen Height option enabled here: FullScreen Image Post Layout
- Post Title Custom Height – this option allows to specify a custom height for the Post Title area. This works if the Post Title Fullscreen Height option is not set to Yes. Leave this field blank to inherit the height value specified under Creativo Options -> Blog -> Single Post Title Custom Height.
- Post Title Background Image – this allows allows the Upload of a background image to be used for the Post Title area. This option will work only if the Single Post Title Background option is set to Custom Background Image under Creativo Options -> Blog -> Single Post Title Background.
- Post Title Background Color – this option allows to choose a background color to be used for the Post Title area. This option will work only if the Single Post Title Background option is set to Custom Background Color under Creativo Options -> Blog -> Single Post Title Background.
- Post Title Youtube Background – use this option if you want to set a Youtube video as the actual background of the Post Title. Enter only the Youtube Video id, e.g: XBRXA8zmJr8 – this being the actual video ID from the youtube video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBRXA8zmJr8
- Post Title Mask Color – this option allows to set a background color as a mask, over the Post Title area. Leave blank to inherit the default mask color set under Creativo Options -> Blog -> Custom Background Image Mask Color
Using the Advanced Customization -> Video Options settings, you can create a Video post.
Please note that video Posts will not work with the Modern Single Post page design.
Creating a video post can be done either from Youtube or Vimeo videos. All you need to have is the actual id of the video you want to use.
For Youtube video post, your video link should be similar to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBRXA8zmJr8 – in this link, the actual ID you must copy and paste is: XBRXA8zmJr8. That is the id of the video you must paste under Video Options -> Youtube Video id.
For Vimeo video post, your video link should be similar to: https://vimeo.com/8245346 – in this link, the actual ID you must copy and paste is: 8245346. That is the id of the video you must paste under Video Options -> Vimeo Video id.
The Custom Styling options allows you to set a background image for your post or a background color. These options work best if you are using the Boxed layout – under Creativo Options -> General Settings -> Site Layout.