Installing the Creativo theme
Learn how to properly install the Creativo theme.
To install Creativo theme you must have a working version of WordPress already installed. For information in regard to installing the WordPress platform, please see the WordPress Codex – http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
Follow the steps below to install Creativo using the WordPress Theme installer.
- First purchase the Creativo theme on MojoMarketplace.com – skip this step if you already have purchased Creativo.
- Download the zip file of the Creativo theme after purchasing it, by going to your MojoMarketplace account -> My Account -> Themes -> click on small green Download button -> and select Main File. A zip file of the theme will be generated with the latest version of the theme. Save the file somewhere on your computer. If you are using Safari on Mac, make sure you switch to Chrome, because by default Safari will unzip all archives you download – or make sure you change the Safari changes to not unzip all archives, we need the zip file intact. See the image below:
- Now that we have our zip file, we can actually install it. Head to your WordPress Admin Dashboard -> Themes -> Add New -> click on Upload Theme button -> Choose File and navigate to the zip file you saved above. Select the theme zip file and click on Install Now.
- After a few seconds the theme will be installed.
- After installing and activating the theme, you will be asked to Install & Activate the required plugins: Visual Composer, LayerSlider, Revolution Slider, WooCommerce, Contact Form 7. The Visual Composer, LayerSlider and Revolution Slider are premium plugins that come bundled with our theme – you do not have to purchase them, they are alreaady part of our theme. Simply install them as the theme asks you with a message on top of your screen – see below
- Agree and install the Plugins. If for some reasons you cannot see the message at the top asking you to Install and activate the required plugins, you can go to Appearance -> Install Plugins and install&activate the required plugins from that section.
- The last step is to go to Creativo Options and click on Save Changes button once – this step is unnecessary if you are going to import one of available templates.
- That’s it. You should now have the Creativo theme installed.
The next step you probably want to take is to Import one of the Demo Templates available: Agency, Business, Blogger, Default, Church, Cafe, Innovate, ShopKeeper, One Page Navigation.
To do this, go to Import Templates and choose one of the available templates and choose Install button located below the actual template that you want to import.
Read more on: Importing a Creativo Template with just one click